Uber recommend riders to check calculated fare at driver’s mobile in the end of the trip. Rider can check calculated fare at their app too after the completion of the trip but still if you find any ambiguity or unfair charged amount, you can follow below given steps to get your money refunded.
- Launch your Uber app
- Click on the three vertical small lines on the top left of the app
- Go to "your Trips" and past trips record will be shown to you
- Click on that trip in which driver charged extra from you and trip details will be shown to you
- Go to the bottom of the trip details and “help” section with few frequently asked problems will be shown
- Select the option “I would like a refund” and few more options will be shown to you
- Select 2nd last option “I was overcharged on my cash trip” and few more options will be shown to you
- Provide expected fare, cash fare you paid and share addition detail. Provide all the details how much extra you paid and why. Don’t forget to mention if the driver deliberately tried to cheat by demanding extra money and press submit button.
Your issue will be resolved and your money will be credited to your account which can be seen in “payment section”.